Echo Hall is ours!

Moving sucks!  It’s tiring and emotional and expensive, inconvenient and exhausting.

But, happily, Echo Hall is officially ours!  We have been stalking the house for weeks now since we are only moving around the corner.  It seems surreal that it is finally  ours.

IMG_0468We got the keys at 3pm so we waited for the kids to get home from school and then we all walked over together.   How amazing is this??  The front door key – I love it!!

Photos of the original owners of Echo Hall
Photos of the original owners of Echo Hall

The former owners are lovely people (who we know from the neighbourhood) and they left us an amazing gift.  Along with a lovely bottle of wine,   we were gifted these photos of the original owners of Echo Hall.   These portraits were  left for them when they bought the house 16 years ago.  It seems that all the previous owners of the house have kept these photos and passed them on to whomever was the next care-taker of the property.  I will have to find a special place for them both.

We are about to tuck in for our last night on George Street.   The moving truck arrives at 9am sharp tomorrow morning.  We are all ready to go….and the hot tub is going to feel so great at the end of the day tomorrow.  I will let you know how it goes.

Melissa

6 thoughts on “Echo Hall is ours!

1. Denise September 26, 2015 / 1:17 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your new home.

• melissakrouse September 26, 2015 / 10:45 pm

Thanks Denise. We are enjoying the wine you gave us! Cheers

2. Wendy Skarupa September 28, 2015 / 3:41 pm

Melissa,

Yes…ain’t moving a “biatch”! I’m so happy for you and the family as you all seem so excited about the new, very cool, old house and property. It will feel like home before you know it.

with love,

Wendy

• melissakrouse October 6, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Thanks so much. Can’t believe it but it is starting to feel like home already.

3. Brett October 3, 2015 / 11:13 pm

So Mis, After looking over the pics from your moving in, I respectfully and officially request the concession rights in front of the property that is Echo Hall. I figure hot dogs and lemonade in the summer , hot chocolate and hand warmers in the winter. I can sell brochures about the house, pennants and even Krouse House t-shirts. The possibilities are endless. Have your people call my people. Tell the girls I will likely need help and would hire them first to keep it in the family, so to speak.
    Love, Dad.

• melissakrouse October 6, 2015 / 9:17 pm

I’ve got a t-shirt design ready to go. Let’s do lunch!